Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Addiction=Idolatry

Hey Sisters and Brothers!
We all have something that we struggle with whether its coffee, football, cigarettes ect.. it's something that you don't necessarily need but when you don't have it you feel like you've been hit with death itself. That my friend is what we call an addiction.

For me its social media! Oh my goodness! When I tell you I literally feel lost without it. I can stream youtube for 6hrs straight and I'm not even over exaggerating... True story! Us Christians we hear that small still voice constantly telling us "that's enough" but what do we do, we say "just one more and I'm done". We all know that's how it goes.... and the sad part about it it's never just one more. With the help of God we can over come.

We are all going to be held accountable. We have to listen to that voice. When we ignore him we are literally forming other gods in his place. God is extremely jealous, and I want no parts of his jealous wrath.

For my sisters and brothers that are dealing with drug and alcohol abuse I would advise that you seek treatment. I know it's hard, but our salvation is what's at stake here. So we have to put away pride and be obedient. It's a constant uphill battle.

There's always going to be a distraction to keep you away from having a divine relationship with Jesus. It is what it is..
We just have to be aware of the devils tactics. I don't know what your addiction may be or even if you have one. What I would suggest is for you to step into consecration with God. Just let it be you and him. No distractions! 

If TV is your addiction pray to be released from that bondage.. let's be real thats all an addiction really is BONDAGE.

Here is a quick prayer to help you overcome addictions of any kind.

Heavenly Father,
Please forgive me. I am struggling with______ and i need your help to overcome this. I've tried on my own and I just can't seem to shake this habit. I know with the help of Jesus all thing's are possible. I pray that you would surround me with people of faith and send someone that can direct me in the path that I should go. I need you Jesus. I know you will never leave me nor forsake me. I trust that you will deliver me from this wicked sin of idolatry. In Jesus name I pray.

I believe that prayer will help you with your deliverance on addiction/idolatry.
Peace my people and God BLESS!

No comments: